× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Install error

More
02 Jan 2017 05:11 #6916

Well i was wrong... it said it installed but it didnt
when i go to my site now i get this

PLEASE NOTE: The module mod_ksadvertiser is running, but the component KISS Advertiser was not found. Please unpublish the module or install the component KISS Advertiser.

www.inthehoa.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2017 04:32 #6915

Also i cannot seem to find a manual to download. Trying to setup a couple of things.. is there a manual that i can download?
and what is the difference between the free one and the paid one?

More
02 Jan 2017 03:54 #6914

I got it today... i did a search and found it. I got it and it installed correctly. Now i just have to go thru all the stuff to figure out the best way to use it.

Who do i talk to there about customizing this and what it would cost?

More
01 Jan 2017 14:32 #6913

Please follow our turorial. This should install the component. See Frequently asked questions: Installer fails. What next? Or go directly to this link:

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=248:installation-fault&catid=68&lang=en&Itemid=114

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.
Last edit: 01 Jan 2017 14:37 by DocChicago.

More
31 Dec 2016 21:05 #6912

ok.. php was at 5.4 so i updated it to 5.6 (best option with godaddy.com hosting.) Everything else looks good.

com_ksadvertiser

After i did that i no longer get the error on install. It looks like it is installing then quits as if it is done but i get no error or confirmation of install. It shows it is uploading fine.. gets to 100% but doesn't install.
I did another install thinking the upgrade to php may have caused a problem but the other install went fine and gave an install complete as it should.
I would try the manual install but I am not sure how to do that... i can unzip the file and ftp them up if that is what i need to do but then what do i do? just browse to the index file? or the php file or the xml file?

More
31 Dec 2016 17:42 #6911

Please make sure that on your server the MySql Version is at least 5.3, PHP should be at least 5.6 (better 7.0).
Maybe your server generates a timeout due to the large file size of 9 MB. In this case, unpack manually and install from directory.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.