Top level category count

Mehr
07 Nov 2010 23:17 #2538

Just to confirm this. If you have a sub-category where you can not place ads (in effect it is a main category heading) and this has sub categories with ads in them the total count on the top level (i.e. for sale/ baby items/ baby clothes) will be less those hidden under the sub categories sub categories (baby clothes in this example and will be wrong.
If so, is there anything we can do with the code to capture the sub cats of sub cats.

kind regards
Haydn

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
06 Nov 2010 12:56 #2510

The number of subcategories is unlimited.

The counter only displayes the number of ads of the nextmost subcategory. If a category contains subcategories but if that main category does not contain any ads, there is no number being displayed. If you click on the main category, the subcategories are displayed and the number of ads in these subcategories -if there are any- are displayed.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
06 Nov 2010 12:05 #2507

Dear KISS support
If this is cover somewhere else I apologise up front.
My top level categories are not counting the sub categories, categories correctly. Is there a limit to number of heirachical sub categories ads that will be counted?

thank you in advance

Haydn