× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Kiss Advertiser did not install on Joomla 3.62

More
01 Sep 2016 09:24 #6831

First, make sure that you are using the correct PHP and MySQL version. PHP must be at least 5.6, MySql at least 5.5

Usually this behavior is a timeout problem of the server. The installation package has almost 10 MB of size. Some servers have execution time limits of 20 seconds, that is not enough for slow connections to upload and unpack the package. The result is that the server never returns from the installation attempt.

Please try to unpack the package on your local computer, then upload the unpacked files via FTP to the Joomla /tmp directory and finally execute 'Install from directory' in the Joomla installation manager.

See also: How to install if Joomla installer fails (written for the old Joomla 2.5 installer, but still suitable to 3.x)

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2016 09:28 by DocChicago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pintobuck
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Sep 2016 02:49 #6830

Hello. Sorry, I only speak English. I have been reading your forum by using Google Translate.

I am using Joomla 3.62 on a major web hosting service.

I tried to install KISS Advertiser using the standard Joomla installation method. Joomla shows the little Installing animation, but then nothing happens. There is no success message and no failure message. When I searched for the installed module, it was not there. Then I downloaded another copy of KISS Advertiser and tried to install it again, with the same results.

Thank you for suggestions.

Last edit: 01 Sep 2016 02:51 by pintobuck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.