× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Not Installing ?? Joomla 2.5.14

More
03 Oct 2013 21:12 #5714

Hello Jim,

we are focussing all our efforts to get the new generation of KISS Advertiser development finished until the end of the year. Feel free to send me a PM or email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. in order to discuss your project.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2013 15:45 #5710

Hello Doc, and I sure thank you for your reply...and now I am sorry about my late one...As after seeing your reply here I just ended up going out and buying both AdsManager and then DJ-Classifieds also.

I had read somewhere [here or on your site] that you had expected mid-year, and I sure thank you for letting me know that you feel it for sure will not happen for awhile.

Reason being, and now is the time to aks <smile> is this tells me you might be too busy for any development really related with this component..as I have a project I wanted to discuss with you about...

Jim

More
02 Oct 2013 12:47 #5703

Hello Jim, sorry for the late reply.

KISS Advertiser is a Joomla 2.5 component, it does not yet work under Joomla 3.x We are working on a component which will do that, it is planned to be relaunched at the beginning of next year. At the moment, only Joomla 2.5 is supported. Maybe database tables are created during installation, however there are some Joomla differences between 2.5 and 3.0 which are not covered by the current KISS Advertiser version.

As the current version 1.7.x is an interim version (adapted from the 'old' Joomla 1.5 version), we are completely rewriting the component to make it Joomla 2.x and 3.x and ... x.x proof.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
02 Oct 2013 06:37 #5700

Well, I need to go to sleep 12 hours is quite some time for a response

Thank you,
Jim

More
01 Oct 2013 17:52 #5697

Hello Doc and I thank you very much for the reply sir and I am sorry about my late one but just have had other priorities to handle and also I just moved one week ago Saturday. Since then, I have been using only my laptop with limited internet access and pay for use Bandwidth also.

In 3/4 hours from now sir, I have the installation of: www.t6b.com/residential/pricing-plans/ and I will be "back to normal...and prepared for Kiss!! and here is an update from me and a couple of questions...and my GREATEST Concern prior to any Purchases

1) For others, using Joomla 2.5.x
a) Create (or add) to php.ini the following into your J! toot folder and administrator folders

upload_max_filesize = 10M
post_max_size = 10M

2) I just tried throwing this into Joomla 3.1.5 and it said it installed

3) But, when I goto Components> KISS = [b An error has occurred.

404 Component not found[/b]

This is an update, while awaiting a response please.

I explored phpMyAdmin for this account and there are 19 tables that in the database _ksads_ and rows populated.

Regards, Jim

Last edit: 02 Oct 2013 00:20 by IamJim. Reason: ADDED

More
10 Sep 2013 16:29 #5643

The install zip file has > 8 MB due to many images for the sample ads which cannot be compressed that much.

If your installer fails, refer to our Installation tutorial