× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Problem in 1.5.60 and 1.5.70

More
13 Mar 2012 19:38 #4813

If a user is not logged in and attempts to access a restricted ad, he/she is usually redirected to the regular Joomla login screen.

If the redirection comes from the email account and it is the user\'s own ad the user is probably already logged in and is recognized by the system. In this case he/she is redirected to the ad directly rather than to the login screen.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2012 19:22 #4812

Thanks for the feedback. This is surely a point of view.

I would prefer that users are directed to a LOGIN screen, but apparently this is not the case.

This is clear now.

Thanks and Regards

Michael

P.S. : The short period in which feedback/solutions are being provided in this forum is much appreciated!!

More
13 Mar 2012 11:15 #4811

Sure, you are redirected to your own ad. In our opinion it is no problem when users receive a link for accessing their own ad. There will be no links to other user ads.

The administrator receives a link to the ad as well. This is ok because the administrator has access to all ads from the backend anyway. Administrator is God.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
12 Mar 2012 18:37 #4809

Thanks for the input. This has helped to a point. I have set the access right in the \"User Group\" field of the categories to \"Registered Users\". The category is still visible in the front-end.
What has not gone away is the problem of access. When I add a new advert and when I am notified through an e-mail, thanking me for submitting an ad and giving me a URL pointer to the advert, I can get to the advert, without LOGIN to the site. I am just getting there through that pointer in my e-mail and the LOGIN dialogue is open next to the advert.
As we are a closed community, I do not wish even by accident that other people (not registered) can get into the website.

Is there a solution to this ?

Thanks and Regards

Michael

More
11 Mar 2012 21:21 #4806

There are two ways for category restriction.

If you limit the category access with the first select box \'Access Group\' (German: Zugriffsgruppe), the access is granted to members of this group who have exactly this level. If you set this to \'Registered\' and you are logged in as admin, the category will not show up because the admin is a user with special rights (German: Benutzer mit Sonderrechten), not a registered user.

If you want to limit the category access to registered users and higher, use the second select box \'User Group\' (German: Benutzergruppe). In that case, the category will show up to all users except for anonymous.

Last edit: 11 Mar 2012 21:21 by Reservist.

More
11 Mar 2012 17:02 #4805

When I limit access to a category to \"Registered\" users, the category is not visible in the front-end anymore, although I am a registered user. Leaving access right to \"Public\" results in the category being shown.
Access right to \"Public\" implies, however, that the link in the e-mail confirming that an ad has been placed, leads directly into the site, without the need for a LOGON.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks !!

Michael