× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

problems with RSS feed

More
14 Oct 2011 21:27 #4559

Yes the dates are correct in the ads.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2011 21:05 #4558

The language file is still the same. You should find it in the joomla /language/en-GB directory after install.

The rss feed date is managed by the class.feedcreator.php file in the frontend. For this class, the date should have the unix date or time stamp format. In KISS Advertiser, all dates are stored in the database in unix format.

Are the dates being displayed correctly in your ads or are they also null-dates (which leads to 01-01-1970)?

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
13 Oct 2011 23:13 #4557

I have updated to the latest commercial version of ksadvertiser and I cannot find the file listed above to change the RSS Feed title, is it different in the newest version?

Also, as I mentioned above the RSS feed is listed the date of all ads as 31 Dec 1969 I am wondering if you have a solution for that yet?

Thanks for your help!

More
20 Sep 2011 13:00 #4487

The \'favourite market place\' is a language ressource. You find it in your frontend language file en-GB.com_ksadvertiser.ini

Search for the string

RSS FEED TITLE=My favourite market place

and change the text on the right of the equal sign. Keep the text in capitals as is!

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
19 Sep 2011 17:45 #4486

\'My favourite market place\' shows up in the RSS feed. It gives the title of the ad and then when it displays what RSS it is coming from it says \'My favourite market place\'. So I would like to know how to rename this. (you can view this on the home page of our testing site uploadtohitsmedia.com/b2btesting/)

And thank you for checking into the date issue.

More
18 Sep 2011 15:27 #4474

In order not to bother the user with unlimited feed entries which might be of minor interest, we decided that the user must select the feeds he wants to subscribe to. The admin can set the feeds in the backend to one of four settings:
1. None - No feed is sent
2. User related - User can select certain user(s). Any time the selected user has placed an ad, the subscriber is notified by rss feed.
3. Category related - User can select certain categories. Any time an ad is placed in this category, the subscriber is notified by rss feed.
4. Both - 2 and 3 apply.

This is useful especially for big markets where users might be interested in cars but not in real estates. So they can choose what rss feed they want to receive without being bothered by other rss feeds.
Which name do you mean?
It looks like the date is not submitted or lost. If a blank or null date is submitted, UNIX servers assume the first date they know, which is 01-01-1970. We will check that issue.