× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

a few questions..

More
06 Aug 2011 13:13 #4282

yes but from someone using your extension, not as a programmer but as a joomla end user- adding custom fields should be one of the first options available.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2011 12:47 #4280

Hi Adam,

thank you for your information.It is not that simple as it looks like. For adding a custom field, it is necessary to ...

• add the field to the database and change the database table
  • create a new form element for the input form
  • add code for validating the user inputs
  • add code for the administration backend
  • change the install routines to add these fields upon install
  • do some other works (i.e. design: where to put the input field in the form)
If a coder allows to add freely configurable user custom fields, problems can arise if one of the above points is not properly configured by the user. In such cases we receive 50 calls a day \'Why does my custom field not work as it should?\' and that is why coders prefer to rely on fixed fields (however configurable by the user).

At least the \'Salvage Car\' option is a field for a special application and should be part of an extension which covers i.e. car markets.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
05 Aug 2011 17:26 #4279

well i need two fields which are a simple:

Driven on trade plates? yes/ no (as a dropdown)

Salvage Car? no/steerable/roll on (as a dropdown)

its frustrating when something so simple is so difficult to implement, ive spent hours so far trying to add these two boxes with no luck.

More
05 Aug 2011 16:34 #4273

Extra fields
It is not possible to add custom fields to the input mask as this is a rich source of errors - that is why we decided not to offer custom fields. The existing fields can be configured with the fields manager in the backend. There is a possibility to add so called extensions, which add extra fields to the editor form. Currently there are extensions for \'Boats and trailers\', \'Allotment Gardens\' and \'Water Animals\'. Some new extensions will be released soon. What kind of select boxes do you want to add?

County box
It is not possible to turn off the county box separately, only the entire region search and filter. If you have activated the country and region filter and there is no county information, the box shows \'no information available\'. Counties are not installed automatically upon component install due to their huge number. If you want to have some counties of your region installed, just drop us a message, we will try to make an install file for you if it does not yet exist.
What do you mean with this exactly? A kind of auction behavior? This is not possible because KISS Advertiser is intended to be an advertising component rather than an auction platform.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
04 Aug 2011 21:44 #4266

also i cant seem to turn off the \'select county\' drop down box, is this buried in the code somewhere?

More
04 Aug 2011 19:31 #4265

hello, having a few litle problems.

1) i understand you cant add extra fields (why??) could you at least guide me through the process of adding one? as i have to add 2 extra drop down option for a project i am working on!

2)is there a way to actually post an offer for an item e.g. if it is item wanted?

Last edit: 05 Aug 2011 14:37 by adamhaus.