× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

I can\'t see videos uploaded by user

Mehr
10 Jun 2011 12:44 #4055

Hi Doc,

I\'ve check this and folders are correctly created. Even more, in the folders the videos exist, and they appear inside the kissadvertiser (tab video) when trying to publish a video.

The problem is something different. After publishing a video, I have no possibility to see it.

Here you can see an ad with video tab activated: videoanuntis.com/index.php?option=com_ks...2&id=643&task=viewad , but any video is shown.

Please, could I have again the possibility to give you my accesses so you can check it personally? I\'m not an advanced user, and I really don\'t know how to proceed what\'s necessary to check. I would be very thankful if you could do that.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Moha.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Jun 2011 11:32 #4053

Hi Moha,

each time a new user uses KISS Advertiser, a private image directory for this user is created where all the private stuff goes, following this pattern:

main directory: /images/ksadvertiser (or whatever you named it)
user directory: /images/ksadvertiser/Uxxx (where xxx is the user number)

user subdirectories:
/images/ksadvertiser/Uxxx/rssfeeds (where the notifications go)
/images/ksadvertiser/Uxxx/uploads (where the non-image files go)
/images/ksadvertiser/Uxxx/videos (where the videos go)
/images/ksadvertiser/Uxxx/thumbnails (where the image thumbs go)

All these directories are created automatically by the system. You do not need to create directories manually.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
09 Jun 2011 23:53 #4052

Hi Doc,

I think possibly the problem is the folder, but I\'m not sure. I know that I\'ve created a folder inside images named ksadvertiser, and inside it there is the personal user folders. However, I don\'t know if I should create a new folder for videos. In this case, please could you indicate me how to procceed?

Thanks in advance, and best regards.
Moha.
www.videoanuntis.com

Mehr
08 Jun 2011 12:38 #4046

Hi Moha,

with uploaded videos the following preliminaries must apply:

1. The user\'s video directory must exist
2. A video must exist in this directory
3. In the configuration, \'Own Videos\' must be activated under \'Video Provider\'
4. The format must match the available players (usually .wmv does)
5. The video file size must not exceed the maximum allowed size.
6. The media player must be present in the \'players\' directory
7. The media format must be allowed in the user\'s browser - i.e. if plugin is needed

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
07 Jun 2011 23:04 #4045

Hi Doc,

I have a big problem but i don\'t know why. I can upload videos (.wmv) without problems, but after selecting it I can see it inside the ad.

I have test youtube videos without problems. This problem is only with uploaded videos.

Please, would you know why this problems happens?

Thanks and best regards.
Moha.