× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Ordering by \"Newest ads first\" inside category

Mehr
03 Jun 2011 12:16 #4029

Hi Doc,

I have in mind this idea. The final result should be: All paid ads would appear in first positions ordered by date, and below them, all free ads would apperar ordered by date. We agree with this.

I wish the next version will be available soon. I would like to be the first to test it in a private website. So, I\'m wating until these performances are ready to promote my website paying Google adwords.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
01 Jun 2011 16:02 #4027

Hi Moha,

we are working on that issue and it will be solved with the next version. However there is one thing, which will not be changed:Even if you sort the ads by creation date, it can happen that it will not appear at the top position. At the top position there are paid ads, because the paying customers have a right to see their ads at the top of the list rather than non-paying customers. And the users have the possibility to push ads - that means they pay for it to raise on the list.

If you do not offer ads pushing and you have only one kind of customers/users, the ads will be sorted by date surely.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
31 Mai 2011 22:43 #4025

Hi Doc,

I\'m extremely interested in resolving this issue.

It\'s not optimal/friendly for my future users (I still developing the website) to see the ads sorted by name (alphabetically) and not by date. Moreover, if a user understands where is the bug he could set up the ads title starting by numbers (1,2,3...) or first letters (a,b,c...) only to see his ad in first position. In the other hand the other users wouldn\'t see their new ad in first position, something non-understoodable; And I don\'t want that kind of situations.

Please, could you provide an approximate date about when you can have this issue solved? You know, and I\'ve repeated some times, that I don\'t mind if I have to pay more for this performance, cause I recognize you great job, but I need it as soon as possible. However, if you give me some ideas about how and where to change it I can contact some joomla developers to study the changes needed. Nevertheless, I\'d prefer you to perform it, you are the programmer. ;)

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regards.
Moha.

Letzte Änderung: 31 Mai 2011 22:43 von moha87.

Mehr
28 Mai 2011 13:40 #4015

There is no possibility yet to influence the sort order within the categories.
We will consider to implement it into the next commercial version.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Mehr
27 Mai 2011 22:08 #4013

Hi Doc,

any answer relating this issue? Could be possible to sort by date the ads inside every category?

Thanks in advance for your help.:-)

Best regards.
Moha.

Mehr
24 Mai 2011 14:20 #3982

Hi Doc,

I\'ve tried it, but there is a problem here. The option is: \"All the ads, ordered by date\". This is not a solution, because I\'d like to continue having the categories in the frontopage, and the ads sort by date inside the category.

Every user who acceses to videoanuntis.com could be interested in a different category, and showing him all the ads ordered by date isn\'t friendly.

Please, would be possible to code the option to sort by date the ads inside every categorie? I don\'t mind If I have to pay this extension, because it would give my website more quality.

Best regards.
Moha.