× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Install error

More
10 Jan 2017 17:31 #6935

Thank you for the Error 404 hint. It has no effect on KISS Advertiser, it's a stand-alone carousel module which displays the latest ads. Sorry, it was missing on our update server, download should be working now.

I will have a look again at your backend in order to search for the component / plugin which prevents KISS Advertiser from executing the 'New' function. I don't think that uninstalling and reinstallation would help - however, just give it a try, you never know.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2017 17:15 #6934

ok. i updated all of those and still nothing in the new button is working. The newsletter seems to work fine.
I am guessing in joomla that uninstalling an extension and reinstallation wont help??
oh.. also getting this error when trying to upgrade the KISS Advertiser Carousel Module

Warning

Error connecting to the server: 404
Error

Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from update.kiss-software.de/com_ksadvertiser..._carousel_update.zip...

i am guessing that doesnt have anythign to do with it but wanted to be sure?

More
10 Jan 2017 11:41 #6932

I could not access the 'Inthe....' site because with your data I got a refuse.
I had a look at the 'Klid....' site and compared the PHP settings to the Joomla recommended values. I found three major issues which could be responsible for the error.

The PHP settings ...
1. max_input_vars recommended setting: 3,000 your setting: 1,000
2. memory_limit recommended setting: 256 MB your setting: 128 MB (even better is 512 MB for frequent image processing)
3. post_max_size recommended setting: 200 MB your setting 8 MB ( 8 MB is very low)

if possible, try to set the PHP settings to the recommended values. I'm not sure whether this will correct the problem, but it's most probably.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2017 11:43 by DocChicago.

More
09 Jan 2017 18:35 #6931

ok. just sent you the info.. thanks for your help!

More
09 Jan 2017 13:09 #6930

If it fails already with a fresh install, there may be an issue on your server - such as lack of memory, etc.
If you give me a backend admin access, I can have a look at the settings.

Please via PM or email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
09 Jan 2017 03:44 #6929

Ok. I uninstalled joomla cleared everything and reinstalled. it seemed to install fine. Now when i go into advertiser and into categories or items and click on new it just stays on the same screen. When go into categories and click on general it takes me back to the control panel.
Also when i attempt to install the sample data.. in english.. it goes to a blank page.
I can setup a username and password for you to take a look if you want me to.