× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Install error

More
05 Jan 2017 16:23 #6928

OK. So I am thinking that the best way to do this is to either reinstall and start over with everything or pay someone to see if they can fix it .... especially since i have no idea how to uninstall plugins.
I think i will setup a separate test site to be able to test new extensions for a couple of days before i put them on the live site!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2017 12:45 #6927

I had a look at your website. There is a bunch of plugins, extensions and modules. Usually that's no problem, however some plugins are known for unwanted interactions. I checked some of the plugins (i.e. K2 plugins sometimes cause problems) but I could not find the source of the error. I temporarily disabled some plugins but the problem with the category not being able to create a new entry remains.

Due to lack of time I could not try this on all of the plugins, maybe you can try to disable some plugins which are not needed.

In most cases plugins are the source of errors as they are running permanently and event-oriented. Components (extensions) and modules usually are no problem.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2017 12:46 by DocChicago.

More
04 Jan 2017 17:47 #6926

i dont see an option to install sample date.
When i click new it says on the same screen.

It does the same thing in Kiss advertiser if i try to add a category or an add.. it wont get to the forms.

maybe take a look.

www.inthehoa.com
joomla is username
Joom1234 is the pw

then you can see exactly what i am talking about

More
04 Jan 2017 17:11 #6925

After a fresh newsletter install, there are no newsletter yet if you click on the 'Newsletter' button. However, the screen should not flicker, you should be able to see the form and input data.

Try to install the sample data from 'Install Extensions->Sample'. This installs 2 sample newsletters - one German, one English.Try to edit and save them. If this doesn't work either, the problem is on the server side.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
04 Jan 2017 14:29 #6924

Yes.. thats not working. In Newsletters for example and then click on newsletter... there are no newsletters in there..
So i click on new.. the screen flickers for a bit then goes back to the same place.

More
04 Jan 2017 14:05 #6923

If you click 'Categories->New' in the control panel you should be able to setup a new category (it will show a blank form where you can enter some info and click 'save' afterwards). If the component does not react that way, you may probably have an error in your Javascript handling. (Javascript 'off' in browser?)

Try to install the sample entries from the control panel. Select 'Extensions' and then select 'Samples' or 'Samples multilingual' from the list.

Last edit: 04 Jan 2017 14:05 by DocChicago.