× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

Categories' images

More
23 Feb 2016 11:23 #6709

You can either switch the header text off or change the text. To switch it off, simple set 'Header Text' in the main configuration to 'No'.
To change the text, click the 'Language' button in the KISS Advertiser control panel. This will lead you to the language overrides. Then search for the term 'KISS_CONFIG_WELCOMETEXT'. There you can change the text for both English and German (or whatever language is installed). If no 'KISS_CONFIG_WELCOMETEXT' is found, click on the 'New' button and create a new ressource with the key 'KISS_CONFIG_WELCOMETEXT' and the text whatever you want. After saving, the text is changed. You cannot change it in the en-GB.com_ksadvertiser.ini file because all changes in this file would be overwritten with every update.You can update the current version to the PRO version at any time. Existing data will be kept. Only if you uninstall the component, the data will be lost. Updates do not change any existing data.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2016 02:34 #6708

Thank you for all good points.

I was able to figure that this is firefox/local host issue because all other browsers work good. Apache server should fix this problem.
I found similar discussion on a developer forum at forum.jreviews.com/topic/25494-mixed-css...on-firefoxlocalhost/.

I have another question. I cant change intro text. I tried to edit ini file with notepad++ but intro stays the same. What am I doing wrong?

Last question. Can I update the current version of the software to pro version or I will have to do the fresh install and lose all my categories?

Thank you again

More
22 Feb 2016 19:01 #6707

It looks like a server directory separator issue.

On your screenshot I saw that your server uses two different separators:
The address looks like

http://localhost/root_dir\components\com_ksadvertiser ....
This is likely when servers run under Windows as Win uses backslashes as directory separators while Apache (Linux-) Servers use slashes. So your directory addresses should look like
http://localhost/root_dir/components/com_ksadvertiser....

KISS Advertiser uses Joomla's 'DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR' constant in order to define the paths correctly. Have a look at the Joomla settings for this constant. Or use a hosted server on the net - they are usually Apache Servers without any 'localhost' problems ;-)

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
22 Feb 2016 17:12 #6706

Hi:

Thank you for prompt reply. I will check my image directories. Regarding the second issue I tried to to turn on template problems tab but the image place holder icon disappears buy the main category and on top of the page input box shows up with this image place holder. All other icons are still invisible.

Thank you for any suggestions,

Wojciech

More
22 Feb 2016 13:04 #6705

If the images don't show up although they are present, it could be a user rights issue. Please check your image directories on the server, especially the 'image' and 'media' directories. Set them recursively to at least 0755. Make sure that the owner of the directories is the FTP user, NOT the web server.

The second issue (with the icons placeholder) could be a template issue. Some templates overwrite the Joomla and KISS Advertiser javascript routines and cause problems. To avoid that, go to the KISS Advertiser control panel and click the 'Options' button. In the main configuration, look for the setting 'template problems' and set it to 'yes'.

More
22 Feb 2016 00:12 #6704

I have just uploaded screen capture of the page with setting icons. I cant upload new one and when I use stock ones they never show up after saving changes.
Second image contains front end page that displays only space holders. I cant also change Please not header text. I have edited ini language file but it does not display it on the front end.
Thank you in advance for reply as I would like to fully test it before pro version commitment.

Wojciech

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Feb 2016 00:44 by wschab.