× KISS International Help Forum. English language, please.

2.5 - Cannot upload images for new advert.

More
16 May 2013 09:12 #5400

Hi John,

the directories must be writeable in order to upload images, the error messagesais that it seems a file and directory permission problem. Try to set the directory permissions of your joomla directories to 0755.

Also check the owner of the directories. The owner must be the FTP-user, not the webserver.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2013 22:14 #5397

Hi, I have a fresh install of Joomla 2.511 and have installed ksadvertiser 2.5 component, modules and plugin. I can register a new user and create adverts. However images are not uploaded. No messages are displayed when I click 'image upload'.

When I display the advert, the following warnings are displayed:

Warning: fopen(/home/wadscookin/8SI8DKH5/htdocs/ghanamarket/components/com_ksadvertiser/print/ad_printout_999.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wadscookin/8SI8DKH5/htdocs/ghanamarket/components/com_ksadvertiser/ksadvertiser.php on line 3466

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wadscookin/8SI8DKH5/htdocs/ghanamarket/components/com_ksadvertiser/ksadvertiser.php on line 3470

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/wadscookin/8SI8DKH5/htdocs/ghanamarket/components/com_ksadvertiser/ksadvertiser.php on line 3473

If I try to upload the image in the backend, it does not work, again there are no error messages.

This is my development url: www.wadscookin.net/ghanamarket/

Hope someone can help as I would really like to use this component.

Thank you,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.