× Ihr Vorschlag ist herzlich willkommen.

Integration of 3rd party comments components

More
21 Jun 2012 17:12 #4939

Agreed, but KISS Advertiser could facilitate this by providing an API, for instance, making it easier for 3rd party components to retrieve relevant info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2012 17:08 #4938

If a comment is submitted, the advert's owner should be notified about that as well as the admin. For the admin it's no problem. But 3rd party components must at least know the advertiser's mail address in order to send the notification email.

Should be possible, but it should be the 3rd party's task to retreive information from other components. If KISS Advertiser would care about data sharing with all possible components in the market, this would blow up the code.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
21 Jun 2012 16:59 #4937

Isn't it possible to fetch these values and feed them into 3rd party comments component as additional parameters or part of the message?

More
21 Jun 2012 16:55 #4936

With admin I agree. But does JComment recognize the advert number and the advertiser's user number? These info are necessary for notifying. Remember: the person who submits the comment is usually not identical to the advert owner. The ads in KISS Advertiser are not identical to content items.

Ob ein Glas halb voll oder halb leer ist, ist mir egal. Hauptsache meine Zähne passen rein.
No matter whether a glass is half full or half empty - as long as my teeth fit in.

More
21 Jun 2012 16:44 #4934

Admin could always be notified by 3rd party native functions. It should be possible to notify advertiser as well.
Weak argument because, for instance, JComments sends a quick moderation link. It is, IMHO, quite irrelevant where in the backend you delete unwanted comments: either in KsAdvertiser or 3rd party comments component. On the contrary, it is more convenient to have all your comments in one place.

More
21 Jun 2012 16:36 #4930

Third party components just submit the comment but do not care about who has placed the ad and notify both admin and advertiser. With the native comment function it's easier for admins to maintain comments (i.e. if unwanted comments should be deactivated) because they don't need to leave the component in backend in order to switch over to the comment backend.